All students who reside within the local catchment area and are eligible for enrolment in the educational program offered by the school have a right to enrolment at the school.
Students from outside the school's catchment area applying for enrolment are placed on a waiting list in order of receipt of application.
How to enrol
It is Education Queensland Policy that these documents must be supplied before enrolment can take place:
1. Original birth certificate
In accordance with Education Queensland policy the student must be enrolled under the name as stated on the birth certificate.
The following exception applies:
- A “Change of Name” certificate supplied which identifies the surname has been changed by deed poll.
2. Proof of residency
Current proof of residency at the address indicated can be provided by way of one of each of the following:
- One primary source – a current lease agreement, or driver’s licence, or unconditional sale agreement, and
- One secondary source – a utility bill (e.g. electricity, gas), or rates notice showing this same address and parent’s/legal guardian’s name
Applicants should provide the following to the school upon enrolment:
- Details of any relevant Family Court or other Court Orders, if applicable;
- If the child is in the care of the State, provide details to school of arrangements and/or order regarding the child’s care;
- Copy of a Transfer Note if received from previous school;
- Where relevant, details of any medical conditions, symptoms, management, medications or disabilities the child may have. Medical conditions may include (but are not limited to) seizures/epilepsy, fainting, diabetes, asthma, heart problems, anaphylaxis and allergies (such as food or insect stings).
Please be aware that this is an application for enrolment only. Placement of students from outside the school catchment is not guaranteed. It is subject to enrolment capacity and applicants may be placed on a waiting list. Applicants for enrolment from outside our catchment will be accepted if enrolment capacity exists.
A decision regarding the acceptance of enrolments will be made following our confirmation of residence and review of enrolment capacity. Parents will generally be notified within a few days of an enrolment interview. Future enrolments will be notified close to the end of the school year.